The Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, together with the State Scientific Institution “Institute for the Modernization of Education Content” and the Institute of Pedagogy of the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine, have prepared Instructional and Methodological Recommendations on the organization of the educational process and teaching of academic subjects in general secondary education institutions in the 2022/2023 academic year.
The introductory part of the guidelines discusses the issues:
- regulatory support of the educational process in general secondary education institutions,
- structure of the 2022/2023 academic year,
- forms of organizing the educational process,
- class size, dividing classes into groups,
- assessment of students’ learning outcomes.
Methodological recommendations for teaching academic subjects in the 2022/2023 academic year and psychological aspects of organizing the educational process in martial law/post-war conditions are provided in Appendices 1-16.
In the 2022/2-23 academic year, the priority areas of educational activity are:
- continuation of the reform of general secondary education in accordance with the New Ukrainian School Concept, introduction of the new State Standard of Basic Secondary Education in grades 5;
- organization of the educational process after the forced interruption of its usual course caused first by prolonged quarantines, then by the military aggression of the Russian Federation on the territory of our country;
- organization of educational activities of students in the context of a combination of different forms of organization of the educational process;
- Strengthening national-patriotic education, civic position formation, and education on personal safety;
- psychological assistance to participants in the educational process.
In the 2022/2023 school year, the phased implementation of the new State Standard of Basic Secondary Education begins, and 5th grade students will switch to a new learning model.
The section of methodological recommendations for the implementation of the new State Standard describes how the educational program of an educational institution is developed on the basis of the Model Educational Program, proposes the structure of the educational program, and the algorithm for developing the curriculum. It describes how model curricula at the level of an educational institution can be specified in the curricula of subjects/integrated courses. The issues of developing calendar and thematic planning are considered. Attention is drawn to the expediency, in order to ensure the continuity of education, of conducting diagnostics at the beginning of the school year aimed at identifying the level of achievement of students of the mandatory learning outcomes defined by the State Standard of Primary Education at the level of grade 4.
- Instructional and methodological recommendations on the organization of the educational process and teaching of academic subjects in general secondary education institutions in the 2022/2023 academic year.
- Typical educational programs, curricula, and model curricula for general secondary education institutions are posted on the official website of the Ministry of Education and Science on the page “General Secondary Education” in the section «Educational programs»
- The List of educational literature and curricula that have the stamps “Recommended by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine”, “Approved for use in the educational process” or the conclusion “Approved for use in general education institutions” can be found at official website State Scientific Institution “Institute for Modernization of Education Content”
The State Research Institution “Institute for the Modernization of Education Content” has developed Guidelines for the development of STEM education in general secondary and out-of-school education in the 2022/2023 academic year.
As a reminder, the Ministry of Education and Science is holding a webinar on the effective use of zoom for education.